Gerris Place (“we“, “us” or “our“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement tells you about your privacy rights and sets out how we, as a Data Controller, collect, use, process and disclose your personal data relating to your interactions with our website https://www.gerrispalce.ie/ (the Site).
This Privacy Statement sets out how we collect and process personal data about:
- Visitors to our site;
- Clients who use our services;
- Individuals who we communicate or interact with in the course of our business; and
- Individuals whose personal data is provided to us in connection with the provision of our services e.g. clients’ next of kin.
- Individuals who participate in our research
- Individuals who act as volunteers supporting our services
1. Information that we collect
“Personal data” under Data Protection Law (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC, and all national implementing legislation) means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can use our Site without being required to provide any personal data to us. We only collect personal data about you on the Site which you volunteer when you email us, by using our online forms, in order to deliver a service to you, or to send you newsletters or other information. In addition to the information you provide to us, we collect certain information when you visit our Site.
We collect and process the following types of personal data about you:
- Identity Data including name, username or similar identifier, civil status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data including billing address, home address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site.
- Profile Data including your username and password, donations made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our Site and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Sensitive Personal Data is data consisting of race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). We collect general details concerning your mental health when you book one of our weekend breaks through our Site. This data is used only for the purposes of ensuring we recommend the most suitable weekend break for you, and provide mental health care to you.
If you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to deliver our services to you or respond to you.
2. Purposes for which data is collected and processed and the legal basis for doing so
Gerri’s Place processes the types of data listed above for the following purposes:
- For technical and operational reasons related to maintaining and operating our Site
- Communicating with you, our clients or other persons in the course of our business.
- To register on our Site and to provide you with customer services.
- For the booking of weekend breaks requested by our clients and to contact our clients in relation to bookings (please note we may use your telephone number to contact you in relation to scheduling appointments).
- To share with our volunteers (such as external General Practitioners psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and other healthcare professionals) for the purpose of our screening process with you to assess your suitability to participate in a weekend break .
- Marketing to you about our services
- To support our legitimate interests in managing our business and providing services to our clients provided such interests are not overridden by the rights and interests of the data subjects concerned.
- As above.
- As above.
- The processing is necessary to perform our contract with you.
- The processing is necessary to enter and perform our contract with you.
- Consent, which you may withdraw at any time.