Gerri’s Place is a new non-profit organisation providing affordable wellbeing breaks for people who need time and space to focus on their emotional and mental wellbeing. We cater for people experiencing mild depression, anxiety, stress or burnout by providing access to a range of therapeutic activities in a safe and supportive environment.
Our voluntary Board has grown to seven members since its establishment in 2021. The members bring experience from their work across various public and private sectors. Our board meets 6-8 times a year, primarily over Zoom but
occasionally in-person, in or around Dublin. The majority of our board members also take hands-on roles in working groups that focus on specific areas of the organisation.
As a new organisation and board, the chairperson’s primary role is to ensure that the board is effective in its tasks of setting and implementing the organisation’s strategy, as well as meeting all regulatory responsibilities. Additionally the chairperson will:
- Ensure impartiality and objectivity at meetings and in decision making
- Ensure that decisions and actions are implemented
- Plan and chair meetings
Desirable experience, qualities & skills
- Board level experience in either the private, public or not-for-profit sectors, ideally as a Chair
- Management experience driving strategy implementation
- Governance experience, ideally within the Charity sector
- General experience with not-for-profit organisations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- An interest in mental health and wellbeing
As a small and new organisation, we’re looking for a candidate with flexibility, commitment and passion to help the team grow Gerri’s Place sustainably as an organisation.
- 6-8 board meetings a year (evenings, mostly virtual with 1 or 2 in-person meetings in Dublin)
- 1-2 hours a week communicating with the team and planning/following-up on meetings